The Capitol Action Day by TNM was awesome! It’s a great feeling to have face-to-face discussion with your Legislators and their staff. We organized into groups of about 10 and lobbied all the State Affairs Committee Representatives and Reps. for constituents in our groups. We need to keep the pressure on Paddie to schedule a hearing!
I was told by too many that they had NOT received very many calls to support Texas Independence. They need to know that our vote for them next time is DEPENDENT on their support for HB1359. ONLY YOU CAN DELIVER THAT MESSAGE! Each of us only counts as ONE, but together we count for well over ONE THOUSAND for our district.
Before I joined TNM I had never called a Legislator. It is easier than calling the phone company, and I know we have pretty much all done that. And it takes less than 5 minutes as they will pick up the phone, unlike the phone company.
#1 Call State Affairs Committee Chair Chris Paddie. He determines whether or not the bill will get a hearing. Call his office and tell him to “Schedule Representative Biedermann’s HB 1359 for a hearing immediately.” His Capitol office number is (512) 463-0556.
#2 Call your Representative. If you are not able to talk to the elected official directly, ask for a Legislative Staffer. Tell them you would like your issues registered and communicated to the elected official. Be sure they take your name, address, and zip, to confirm you are their district constituent.
- Tell them Rep. Kyle Biedermann’s Texas Independence Act, HB 1359, is gaining support from Texans
- Ask Representatives to sign on to House bill HB 1359 as a co-author
- Ask them, or their staff, where they stand on the issue, how this ranks on their list, etc.
- Tell them whether or not they personally support independence, that they are the People’s representative, and that you are asking them to support the People’s right to decide and vote in a referendum this November
- Tell them your vote is dependent on support of this bill.
House District/Rep: Party: Phone:
126 Sam Harless (R) (512) 463-0496
127 Dan Huberty (R) (512) 463-0520
130 Tom Oliverson (R) (512) 463-0661
132 Mike Schofield (R) (512) 463-0528
133 Jim Murphy (R) (512) 463-0514
135 Jon Rosenthal (D) (512) 463-0722
138 Lacey Hull (R) (512) 463-0727
141 Sefronia Thompson (D) (512) 463-0720
150 Valoree Swanson (R) (512) 463-0572
Also, there are many great supporters out there that are not members and I encourage everyone to join and volunteer to help make TEXAS INDEPENDENCE A REALITY. And, get some family and friends started by simply registering their support at https://tnm.me
Thanks All! Let’s Do This!! TEXIT!!!