We’re looking for someone who wants to make sure that the TNM’s mission and work gets maximum and correct exposure in the media.
Things You'll Do
TNM is an “all-hands-on-deck” organization, so you’ll likely get involved in a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll take point on:
- Pitch stories to media outlets (television, radio, publications) and appearing on television and radio programs
- Write press/media releases, which may be picked up by the media for stories and are posted to the TNM’s website
- Interact with the media during visits to the organization’s events
- Manage volunteers who help with PR
- Use PR technology tools to monitor and report on news related to the organization and its mission
- Stays current with the latest local, national, and international efforts and public policies related to the organization
- Reports on PR effort outcomes, such as the number of on-air appearances, number of pitches made, number of articles written, etc.
- Coordinate on-air appearances and media interviews across the whole National Leadership Team
You are well-spoken and calm-under-pressure. You are a professionally presentable person who can memorize and articulate the mission, values, positions, and facts about the TNM. You work well under pressure and can deal with hectic days. You have more than a passing knowledge of the media industry. You aren’t afraid to pick up the phone or email media contacts. You know that media can be adversarial toward the TNM and know how to advocate for the organization in this environment.
About The TNM
For over a decade, the Texas Nationalist Movement has been the primary and most successful champion of an independent Texas. Our organization is powered by super-dedicated Texas Nationalists who spend their time and use their skills to advance the cause of Texas independence and carry out the mission of the TNM. All of our work is accomplished by teams who work together on various aspects of our mission. We are a diverse group who live all over Texas. By leveraging technology and tools, we are able to communicate and work effectively as though we all showed up to the same office every day. We are a tight-knit group of people that genuinely care about one another and the work that we do together.