Alamo Action Center
take action to defend the legacy of the heroes of the Alamo
The Alamo Needs Your Help
In 2013, our demands were simple and direct:
* Restore the Alamo Battleground to its original hallowed footprint to include the original walls of the compound.
* Close off the battleground to vehicular traffic and restrict vendors to the outside perimeter of the battleground complex.
* Build a museum complex to house a permanent collection of important artifacts of the Alamo, the war for independence, and the Republic of Texas
* Transfer ownership of the battleground complex, including the current Alamo Plaza, to the State of Texas to be managed in joint partnership with the Daughters of the Republic of Texas.
* Reject and prohibit any attempt to designate the Alamo as a UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage Site.
However, right now The Alamo is under the most vicious attack since March 6, 1836 and we could lose all that we have gained. As hard as it is to believe, there are those who despise The Alamo and what it represents. There is no room in the current progressive narrative for messages of independence, or valiant stands and true sacrifice for freedom.
Their plan is simple:
rewrite and dilute the story of the Battle of the Alamo, thereby effectively erasing it from the minds of future generations.
They want to sanitize, federalize, and then globalize The Alamo.
Under the guise of “Reimagining The Alamo” and under the cover of obscurity to the general public, their plan is on the verge of success. Progressive radicals in the City of San Antonio working with Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush have hired non-Texans to redesign “the Alamo experience” to de-emphasize the 1836 battle. Working with their partners in the Texas Legislature they were able to sneak a provision in the budget of the 85th Legislative Session to fund their efforts, right under the noses of a distracted legislature.
The secretive nature of their work led to The Alamo’s inclusion in the UNESCO World Heritage Site program which effectively gave final approval to the United Nations and the Federal Government on any changes and how The Alamo is presented. If either the UN or the Federal Government feels that The Alamo is not “inclusive” enough, they can and will step in with the approval from the federal courts and the United States Congress.
All Texans who passionately believe that The Alamo matters must act now or it could be forever lost to future generations. This is your chance to pay back a portion of the price that Travis, Bowie, Crockett and 180 others paid for you to live in a free and independent Texas.
We would never tolerate this level of disrespect at any other war memorial or cemetery. Why do we tolerate it at the Shrine of Texas Liberty? The party responsible for this level disrespect is the City of San Antonio. The entrenched ideologues on the City Council promote this type of disrespect. The only way to put an end to this is to have the entire Alamo battleground placed under the authority and ownership of the State of Texas.